Feel Connected, Supported and Empowered
Do you feel alone and isolated in your Parkinson’s diagnosis? Do you have a hard time sticking with your exercise and feeling motivated? Parkinson’s Pointe offers community, education and fitness classes to improve your quality of life.
What We Do
Parkinson’s Pointe is a non-profit health promotion and wellness center in the Denver metro area that supports people affected by Parkinson’s disease through community connection, peer mentorship programs and PD specific exercise and education classes.
How We Can Help
- Our programs help people to navigate the challenges associated with the diagnosis of Parkinson’s.
- Our peer-to-peer mentorship programs help to increase resiliency and sustain healthy habits.
- Our exercise classes help maintain or improve mobility to slow disease progression.
- Our community helps ease loneliness, which has been shown to be the #1 cause of disease progression.
What This Means for You
Short Term Benefits
- Feel better in the moment
- Improve mobility
- Connect with peers and trained experts
- Improve sleep, memory, and mood
- Learn how to exercise safely
- Use the research that shows 150 min of exercise a week improves disease progression
Long Term Benefits
- Slow disease progression
- Sustain healthy habits
- Stay out of the hospital
- Reduce likelihood of falls
- Stick with your exercise program with community support
- Improve your quality of life community support