Currently this program meets:
- In person at CenterStage Starz the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 10:30 am
- Virtually the 1st Wednesday of the month at 4:30 pm
Join us for some casual conversation with your peers. The focus of our time together is to share our experiences living with Parkinson’s and support each other with guided resources, shared experiences, and some humor. The session is facilitated and those who are participating in the Pathfinders program are highly encouraged to attend. Carepartners and people with Parkinsons are welcome.
Goal of the program is to connect with others in the Parkinsons community and build relationships that will help support the people impacted by PD over the course of the disease. No one gets it better than another person living with Parkinsons.
We discuss topics that include:
- Building your health care team
- What others do to manage their movement symptoms
- What others do to manage their non movement symptoms (such as sleep, fatigue, mood, memory, constipation, and thinking skills)
- How did you tell your loved ones or your work you had PD?
- How did you decide to stop driving? What resources are available if I don’t drive any longer?
- What can help my balance?
- What can help my voice?
- What types of devices and gadgets may help me work around my movement problems?