A diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) can be devastating at any age. But there’s hope! Parkinson’s Pointe Pathfinders is a mentoring program created by people with Parkinson’s, like yourself, to help ease the transition for the newly diagnosed. There’s so much more living left to do!
So many questions…
- How do I tell my family and friends?
- When is the right time to tell my work?
- Will people view me differently?
- How can I stay active?
- As a spouse, what is my role ?
- How will this disease change my life?
- How do I connect to the PD community?
The Pathfinders Program at Parkinson’s Pointe provides those who have been recently diagnosed the opportunity to meet with peers who have been living with Parkinson’s Disease and are thriving.
Meet with someone who has been down a similar path. Ask the tough questions that are foremost on your mind. Benefit from their experience. Understand how you can thrive despite Parkinson’s. If you’re not careful, you might even make a friend.